Governing Body Minute TakerApply Online
LocationChellaston Junior School
SalaryScale 3: £19,698 - £20,493 (Pro-Rata)
Hours per Week33 hours annually
Governing Body Minute Taker
33 hours annually
5.5 hours for each of 6 meetings annually (to include preparation and minute taking)
Scale 3: £19,698 - £20,493 - Actual Salary £384.73 to £400.26
(equivalent of 0.87 hours per week, 38 weeks term time only)
Required as soon as possible
We have a permanent vacancy for a minute taker to take minutes at our full governing body meetings 6 times per year. This involves evening working on Monday evenings, 6 times per year.
An effective minute taker will:
- Provide effective administrative support to the governing body and its committees;
- Select relevant points from a wide ranging /complex discussion and to write up as a clear, concise record of the meeting including indicating who is responsible for any agreed action
- Record all decisions accurately and objectively with timescales for actions (on an agreed ‘Action Log’)
- Maintain copies of current terms of reference and membership of committee and working parties and nominated curriculum link Governors.
- Support the maintenance of a register of governor pecuniary interests by ensuring that a record of governors’ business interests is reviewed regularly
- Advise Governors and appointing bodies of expiry of the term of office before term expires so elections or appointments can be organised in a timely manner.
- Supporting the maintenance of a register of signed minutes of meetings and other meeting papers in school.
A job description with more information about the role can be downloaded below. An application form can be downloaded by clicking 'Apply Online' above. Applications must be made on an EMET application form. CVs will not be accepted. No agencies.
Please send completed applications forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this post. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
On the application form, please focus on a detailed 'supporting statement' taking into account the person specification and indicating why you would be the best person for us to recruit to this position.
Please contact us at school if you wish to discuss the role in more detail or to arrange a visit to look around (either in person or virtually) on 01332 701460 or by email to the Head teacher, Mr Alex Smythe (email@example.com)
Closing date: Midday on Friday 3rd September 2021
Interviews: Thursday 9th September 2021